Monday, July 1, 2013

Chapter 5: Questions

First Part Written by LateKnightSimmer

I'm still stunned from what just happened because I'm used to being the one saving people. I always watched out for Aubrey and stood up for her in tough situations. I don't know if I like this feeling, the damsel in distress feeling, and I know I sure as hell don't want to start becoming dependent on anyone. I do like that Neal saved me, so perhaps part of me does like it? I shouldn't let it make me super vulnerable though. I need to remain self sufficient, independent, and unattached because I feel like I could lose people at any instant, being out in these dangerous Sections.


"Hey, are you all right?"

I look up and see that Neal is now standing in front of me, pretty close to me, actually, which I kind of like. I don't know what to say, so I just kind of blankly stare at him.

"Well, since you rescued me, thank you, by the way, can I get your name?"

I still can't talk, or find my voice, and Neal is still standing very close to me, which I find extremely distracting and sexy. I remember what his body looked like when he was sitting in that chair, and I suddenly wish he hadn't put his shirt back on. I'm also aware that I haven't gotten any for a while, and I wonder if Neal has. Then I feel a little jealous, thinking of him with another girl, even though it was just a fleeting thought in my mind that might not even be true. He is looking into my eyes, like he's trying to get the answers to his questions out of my mind without me needing to tell him out loud. How are his eyes so blue? They're clear blue, like the ocean water. I can feel myself staring back at him and moving my face close to his. He makes no sudden moves to push me away, so I put my hand on his arm and kiss him softly on his perfectly shaped lips.


I step back a little and open my eyes, hoping that my sudden rash decision will be taken well by Neal. He stares at me again and smiles. Then he grabs me around my waist and kisses me hard, parting my lips with his tongue. I almost fall over from the intensity of his actions, and I feel his arm squeeze me tighter as he hugs me, as if to reassure me that he won't let me fall down.


I kiss Neal back, just as passionately as he kissed me, and we paw at each other like horny teenagers. He's rubbing my back with his hands, and it's really relaxing me. I secretly hope he'll move his hand to my ass eventually. Neal does a lot better than I expect and guides me backwards towards the back wall of the room. He raises my hands above my head and holds them there while he devours my neck. I relax and enjoy  the way he's making me feel. Suddenly I'm aware of my arms getting cold, so I shiver a little bit. Neal notices and stops kissing me. I put my arms around his waist under his coat and hug him.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm cold."
Neal grins at me flirtatiously and touches my hair.

"I know of a way we can keep each other warm."


I am happy he hinted at exactly what I wanted when I first kissed him, and I smile back at him. Neal carries me over to the other side of the room, where there is a small fire pit. He lights the fire pit and takes off his shirt and shoes. He looks at me, questioning with his eyes whether it's okay to take my top off, and I love that he is so polite, despite me not telling him in so many words that I wanted to get in his pants. I nod and my top comes off, along with my shoes. I pull Neal on top of me and we continue to make out. The floor is a little chilly as well, causing me to shiver, which Neal once again notices. He puts his jacket under me and lays down on me. The fire has reached a good point, and is starting to warm me, as well as the body heat coming from Neal.


I fiddle with Neal's pants and he stops kissing me, smiling at me instead. I look at his face and find his adorable little smile endearing. Neal continues to stare deeply into my eyes like I'm the only thing he gives a shit about, even after losing his entire family in these Sections. I find my eyes wandering all the way down his body as I slide his pants down his legs. He's very nice looking, all the way, from head to toe.


Neal removes the rest of my clothing and we continue kissing. He starts breathing pretty heavily, as do I, and all of a sudden my hands are crossed, above my head again, with Neal's hand holding them there. I feel him inside me and arch my back to move my hips with his. Neal looks into my eyes again and I get lost in them, imagining us together away from this nasty Section divided world, back when the world was great and full of love, not death and destruction, back when families could be together, grow old and die together, instead of being split up with their hearts ripped out, both literally and figuratively. I wonder how much he feels about me, and then I have to push those thoughts away because I promised myself I wouldn't get attached. I close my eyes so I don't have to look at him, even though he is the handsomest man I have ever seen in my life, hoping my eyelids will shield me from my feelings.


Once we're done, Neal rests his forehead against mine and smiles at me again. I don't think I'll ever get sick of his smile. There I go again. Stop it, Scarlett. I may never see him again after tonight, I don't want to fall in love, never knowing if he is alive or dead, being captured or tortured like he was when I found him. I however, smile back at him, and he brushes a strand of hair out of my face, kissing me lightly on the lips.

"What are you thinking about, my Mysterious Lady?"

Shit. Why can't he be like every other guy who falls asleep immediately after sex? In any other situation, I would adore the fact that he wanted to talk afterwards, but why now when I'm trying desperately not to have feelings for him? I can't tell him my feelings, that would be cruel to him.

"I'm thinking about my sister Aubrey. She's lost out here, like I am."

"Victims of the Overlord's actions?"

"Yeah, I woke up here in Section B-8, and I don't remember anything except that I was with Aubrey in our house just before. I only assume she's in a Section too because the Overlord doesn't spare anyone."


"Well, I hope you find her."

"Thank you, Neal."

"For what?"

"Saving me earlier. I'm not used to being saved. I'm usually the one doing the saving."

"Yeah. I'm glad you came when you did. I was pretty scared of being tortured. Thank you very much."

Neal kisses me again and I kiss him back. Then he rolls over and wraps one arm securely around my waist, holding me close to him. He rubs my skin, probably trying to keep me warm so I can fall asleep. I put one hand on his chest and snuggle under the crook of his arm. I may not feel like I can keep Neal with me, but I really want to savor this night for as long as it lasts.

The next morning I wake up before Neal, and sneak out of his grasp. I get dressed and sit next to him, trying to figure out a game plan for what I am going to do today. I still wonder where the hell Aubrey is, but have no idea where to go to find her. I finally just decide that I will go in a random direction, kind of like what I did when I left the beach. Going in a random direction has certainly proven to be fun, considering I found Neal because of it. I kiss the top of his head and put his jacket on him as a blanket before leaving.

"Goodbye, Neal. Thank you for everything."


I remember seeing a white willow tree outside the house. I took a small bag I found in the house and put some of the tree bark in the bag, then put it in my back pocket. Then I start walking. I don't know which direction would be ideal, but Aubrey is obviously not here, and I know I want to find her, so moving on is the only thing I have on my mind.


I don't get very far, perhaps a quarter of a mile, when I hear a familiar voice behind me. It's deep, loud, and really angry. Dammit, Neal, why'd you have to follow me? This would have been so much easier if you'd stayed asleep until I got farther away.


"What the HELL?! You FUCK me and then you leave me?! Who does that?"

I don't turn around but yell behind me, slowing my pace for reasons unbeknownst to me.

"What?! You think just because I fucked you it means I'm in love with you?! That we'll be together forever?! Get real! There is no forever in this world!"

After saying what I want to say, I start running. Neal runs to catch up with me, and pulls my arm, making me stop. I turn around and smirk at him. I am thinking it's rather nice that he is this upset that I left his side, but I really can't let my brain be distracted by him or it could get us both killed.


I try not to look at him directly because I know my heart will melt again, but I am slightly looking at him out of the corner of my left eye, and he's got his finger on his lip like he's pondering deep thoughts. Ugh, why Neal? That's only making me want you more. Gah, why do you have to look at me like that, Neal? He's looking at me like I forgot our anniversary or something.

"Why'd you leave? When I woke up and you weren't there, I thought something happened to you. I was worried."

I continue looking off into the space behind Neal's head, occasionally glancing in his direction, and notice he never once stops looking at me. I don't know what to tell him because I don't want him to get his hopes up about being with me since the future is so uncertain. I look down at the grass, and back up at him, smiling a little.

"Why won't you tell me your name?"

Because I don't want to hear you say it in that deep, sexy voice of yours. It'll make me weak and I have to stay strong, for myself, for Aubrey, and even for you.

Neal continues to stand next to me, looking at me, probably waiting for an answer, an answer I can't give him. We stand there in silence for a little bit, but suddenly he smiles and says words I never expected to hear.


"I know where Aubrey is."

Then he turns on his heel and calmly walks away from me.



Second Part Written by MrsOogieBoogie


Aubrey stirred and her eyes struggled to open, her head was still spinning and she remembered her fall, the push that Billy inflicted, the bone chilling ways they all looked at her.. I should've never came back with him.. What was I thinking? Aubrey thought to herself as her nose burned by the foreign smell running through it, so potent to the point where she felt like sneezing at the beginning to every inhale. The rocky, hard floor beneath her was cold on her fingertips and palms, even being able to feel the cold through the fabric of her new dress.

"Wha.. What.. Am I wearing?" Aubrey asked herself with a groggy voice, still trying to regain her composure and collect her pained mind, her head throbbing still from her fall. Her nerves sky rocketed as she looked down to a weird, aged looking dress that she had been changed into, horrified that one of them had seen her partially naked, though she was slightly relieved at the fact that she herself didn't feel weird, her body was still untouched.


Aubrey eventually was able to stand to her feet, but her head continued to spin and her legs were weak from fear as she looked around the room, not seeing any windows that were ground height to at least try to sneak out of; she was trapped, sealed away with only a door that was locked being her only way out. Her stomach continued to turn, the smell was terrible and she couldn't bear it any longer without throwing up. Her mouth began to water more than she was used to and her mouth began to drool a little as the sensation to vomit was drawing nearer.



The next thing Aubrey saw frightened her more than anything in her life, her eyes widened as large as they could at the sight of a dead and obvious decaying body in the corner opposite of her and her knees went limp, dropping to the ground and her gag reflex finally kicked in, Aubrey covering her mouth and nose at the same time as she fought the urge of vomiting and fought the smell that continuously flowed into her nose despite her effort of stopping it. 


After a few minutes of trying to hold back throwing up, Aubrey's attention was caught when she heard light footsteps walking on the wooden floor above her, making their way towards the door of the basement. Aubrey's heart beat raced and she couldn't move; who was coming down? Abby, Billy, or Preston..?


Aubrey quickly turned around and looked over her shoulder as she went more towards the corner of the room, fear taking over and even though she knew she had nowhere to go, she still attempted to move as far away from the stairs as she could.


Aubrey's heart was still racing, but she was slightly relieved that the one that came downstairs wasn't one of the guys in the house; which one of them put her in that outfit? It was too revealing for Abby to want her to wear it.. Aubrey starred at Abby who had brought down a plate with her with a piece of toast and what looked like Jam smeared over it. Aubrey's outdoor knowledge came in handy though when the slightly sweet scent ran through her nose and she realized the Jam was from a berry that was poisonous, and it often made people weak, tired, shaky and delusional; it was a nightmare if you fell asleep after eating them, too.

Abby set the plate on the grimy floor and looked to Aubrey, "Ya'll need'ta eat, don't want you gettin' any skinnier than you already are," Abby said with a gentle giggle after. Aubrey felt sick to her stomach again by Abby's choice of words; are they really going to eat me?!


Abby sighed, noticing Aubrey not moving an inch, but the moment Abby stepped closer and pushed the plate closer to Aubrey, she began to cower slightly and she pulled her knees to her chest. 

"Ain't no reason to be scared, hun, you just need to eat more and it'll all be over soon," Abby's tone was comforting, but Aubrey didn't feel the slightest bit better, why would she? I just got here.. I can't die yet, I just got here! I haven't even gotten out of the forest yet, I haven't even found Scarlett.. Oh, Scarlett, please come and get me.. I'm so helpless and pathetic, I always am.. Aubrey let negative thoughts run throughout her mind, disappointed in herself, and knowing that Scarlett would be disappointed in her as well for being so stupid in the first place.


No, I can't die yet! Think, Aubrey, think.. She frantically told herself in her head repetitively, watching out of the corner of her eye Abby stand up and begin to walk away. Aubrey's eyes then met the hard, porcelain plate that Abby had given her with the toast on it, getting an idea, it's not a good idea, but at least it's something.. Aubrey thought to herself, picking up the plate and holding it in place with both hands on either side of it. 


Aubrey stood up quickly, gripping the plate as hard as she could and quickly but silently running at Abby. Aubrey then put all of her arm strength and weight into her assault, the place crashed down on top of Abby's head and surprisingly, it didn't even break the strong plate. Abby's eyes rolled into the back of her head and she was knocked out, falling to the floor before Aubrey.


Aubrey stood there for a few long moments, starring down at Abby and waiting for any signs of life, but she noticed none and her eyes then looked to the stairs. She stumbled towards them and tripped over Abby's leg, twisting around and landing on her bottom upon the stairs. She starred at Abby for a few moments longer, still seeing that she was knocked out and Aubrey then quickly but quietly made her way up the stairs.



Aubrey reached the top of the stairs, her hand shaking as she touched the knob and turned it as slowly as she could, noticing it was unlocked and she gently pushed to open it. Her entire body was shaking with nerves and she peaked around the edge of the door, looking into the room and seeing no one.


Aubrey was on her tip toes as she sneaked through the empty room and made her way into the kitchen, looking to the left and checking the living room as well, but seeing no one. Her heart raced even faster than it already was, getting the slightest shred of hope that she would make it out alive without being noticed.


Aubrey counted to three and ran for it, throwing the door open and turning her heel on a dime to the right, the same way that Billy had led her towards the house. The smell of clean, fresh air filled her nose and she felt the slightest bit of exhilaration from it; freedom.  



Aubrey got about 10 feet out the door before she heard Billy behind her, "Hey! Stop! You're not allowed to leave!" Billy yelled, Aubrey then looking over her shoulder and seeing that he had begun to chase after her and her heart raced even faster. Aubrey was already panting, though only from her fear built up and she let out soft, terrified cries as she continued to run, pushing the gate open and slamming it shut in a panic to maybe keep her pace ahead of Billy's.


But, to Aubrey's dismay, she didn't get far at all before she crashed into a hard body and she fell back to the ground, shaking her head gently and looking up, her eyes widening again in fear as she looked into Preston's bright hazel eyes starring down at her.

"The piggy tried to escape from her pen, I see.." He said softly as he glared down at her, Aubrey's entire body beginning to quake in fear once more and she was frozen in place. She couldn't form words, she was so close to getting away, so close to being free once again within the land she had already been made a prisoner.. 

Preston gripped Aubrey by the hair on the top of her head and began dragging her back inside, Aubrey crying out in horror and in pain that she had been caught yet again, “Let me go you sick freak! Let.. Me.. Go!” Aubrey cried out as she was then dragged into the house while watching Billy walk behind them as Preston pulled her along. 

Abby spoke in a worried and soft tone, “I-I’m sorry, Preston, she just clocked me over the head and knocked me out.”

Preston didn’t respond to Abby, continuing to drag Aubrey along and as she was pulled through the house, she realized she was going right back downstairs to the basement. “No! No, please! Not down there! Please, let me go!” She continued to demand and also plead, though it didn’t persuade Preston otherwise. The door slammed behind Preston and Aubrey, the sound of her body being thrown down the stairs once more and her soft cries in pain filled the house and Aubrey was, yet again, a prisoner in the basement of cannibals.



Distance Between Aubrey and Scarlett: 998 miles

6 comments:

  1. Poor Aubrey :( I hope she's able to get away soon or that Scarlett or someone friendly will find her and rescue her before it's too late.

    And Scarlett need to realize that she'll probably need help to find and rescue Aubrey. She might be strong and smart, but sometimes even the strongest and smartest need help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aubrey's situation is dire o_O for sure. LOL, she definitely needs to be found ASAP. Yeah, Scarlett, despite her strong independence, should learn that having allies is a good thing.

      Delete
    2. T_T Aubreyyyyyy! Hahaha She's in quite the pickle.
      Scarlett is so confident and strongly independent, like LKS stated. Putting up walls seem easier for her then completely letting people in like Aubrey. *rolls eyes at Aubs* XD
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. awesome chapter! I was glad to see that scarlet got some. Neal is a hottie for sure! Poor Aubrey. :( She was so close to freedom! Gahhh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Yay, Scarlett! Hahaha
      But yes, poor Aubs! :( AHHHH!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, Scarlett and Neal, sittin' in a tree! Aww yeah poor Aubrey, she tried to get away. She's in a pickle.

      Delete

Leave a note for Scarlett and Aubrey...