Friday, June 21, 2013

Chapter 3: Lured

First Part Written by LateKnightSimmer


That was refreshing and I feel a lot better. As I'm waiting for the sun to dry me off so I can get dressed, I eat a coconut and think that after I'm done eating, I should head towards the direction of the white willows. My headache has dulled significantly, and I think it might be going away soon. Despite that fact, having some of that bark with me wouldn't be a bad idea. After I get dressed, I look around. I'm not quite sure exactly where the white willows are, so I just pick a random direction and start walking.


As night falls, I hear voices in the distance. I quickly sneak over to a tree and press my back against its trunk, using it to shield my body from whoever is approaching.


"When are we going to be done walking? Sheesh, it's been hours already."

"Shut up, dude, you're always complaining. We're taking the prisoner to the safe house. Duh."

Prisoner? What? I've heard of these groups that are scattered all around the Sections. They're people that have figured out how to band together and survive out here in the wilderness. There's all different kinds, some nice, some mean, just like how society was before the Overlord took over. The Overlord's of course always trying to break people up, so there's a lot of mistrust, even within groups that decide to live together. After I hear the footsteps move to a few yards ahead of me, I quietly start following them from a safe distance.


From what I can make out, their 'prisoner' is a brunette haired man, well built, and apparently unconscious. It's no wonder they're complaining, a limp body is hard to carry no matter how strong a person is. After hiding behind a few more trees, I spot a house in the distance that must be the group's safe house. There are two more people who greet the men I was following, and the prisoner gets passed off to them.


I survey the area and when I am sure there is no one else around the perimeter of the house, I find a spot to get closer. Some thick brush a few yards away from the side of the house makes for perfect cover. I dart over and look into the window. The man's shirt has been removed, and is now sitting on a chair with his hands behind his back, no doubt tied together somehow. He's still unconscious because his head is hanging down, chin on his bare chest. His captors pour a bucket of water on him to wake him up, I guess. The man stirs, and they begin their interrogation.



Second Part Written by MrsOogieBoogie


Goose bumps covered every inch of Aubrey's chilled skin; the night was brisk and she could even see her breath a little. The sun had set and she still hadn't had anything to eat. Her feet and her legs were tired, she walked for hours, and eventually, the forest just kept to be throwing her in circles. Aubrey found a spot to sit down at and rest, letting out gentle and hushed coughs since her throat and mouth had grown dry from needing water again. But, she was too deep in the forest of Section F - 5 now, and she didn't know which way to go anymore.


Aubrey's body shook from the cold, her stomach had been growling for hours and she hadn't found anything to eat; every berry she found was poisonous in this area and there wasn't any wildlife anywhere. Why didn't I make a fishing pole, tie the line to something and check on it later? Why did I even leave the river's edge? She asked herself, hating now that her mind was more collected and she realized how stupid she was when it came to survival skills. She had been trained well, but her mind? Not well enough..


Aubrey thought about crying, thought about giving up, thought about running in a certain direction and never changing course so hopefully she would end up somewhere.. But, she couldn't move when she heard the sound of footsteps roaming around in the forest that weren't her own. She held her breath and all she could hear was the sound of her quicken heart rate and the sound of the footsteps that now approached her direction. But, the footsteps stopped suddenly, and she guessed that they were roughly 20 feet in front of her separated by brush. 


Soon, a young man, looking about Aubrey's age or a little older came out slowly from behind the bushes, giving a light smile as if he had found what he was looking for. Neither of them spoke a word for a few long seconds, Aubrey didn't even know what to say if she did in fact speak first, anyways. But, soon the boy broke the silence, keeping his slight smirk.

"Hi, there.." He began, Aubrey still taking a moment to answer him.

"..Hello.." She finally replied. 

The boy looked around the area a little and soon back to Aubrey, taking a few steps closer and she withdrew a little, leaning more back as if trying to keep her distance without moving her entire body itself. 

"There's no need to be scared.. How long have you been out here?" He wondered.

"..Since this morning.. I-I woke up around here somewhere.. But, I think I've just been going in circles all day," she answered.

"It happens here in F - 5, the trees can play tricks on you, confuse you pretty easily if you're not careful and lead you into the wrong hands," he retorted, "But, luckily you found me before anyone else could," he continued with a slightly wider smile, Aubrey's nerves beginning to calm a bit.


Aubrey's stomach growled and she shied her eyes away, embarrassed that it was obvious that she hadn't eaten anything in a long time.

"Oh, are you hungry? Me and two other people live in the safe house in this section, why don't you come back with me and I can give you something to eat? We're down to our last leftovers, so we haven't eaten in a while either to ration it.." He said with a calm and inviting tone, "But, now that I've found you, we can celebrate. We haven't seen another person in about a month," he continued, Aubrey's eyes lighting up a little at the thought of food, a bed; other people that were nice like him, even? "What's your name? I'm Billy," he introduced himself.

"Oh.. I-I'm, um, Aubrey.." She answered, watching as Billy then stepped closer, holding out his hands for her to take.


"That's a beautiful name, it fits you," he replied and the side of her mouth curled lightly into a smirk as she took his hands and she was helped to her feet. "Come on, we should be getting back, you never know who else could be lurking around," he said with a weary tone, taking her hand and pulling her along.

 "A-Are you sure you don't mind me coming? I don't want to be a burden, or be taking your people's food, I can find my own," she offered, not wanting to be a nuisance, but hoping that he would let her come anyways. 

"Don't be silly.. You're freezing, too, we need to get you close to the fire.. For how cold you seem, I don't even think you'd mind sitting right on top of it," he added with a charming laugh, Aubrey giggling, but coughing lightly after. "You might be getting a cold.. Come, let's get going before it gets any colder out here.. I don't want you getting sick."


Aubrey let out a strong sigh of relief that someone like Billy had come along and saved her from the frigid cold and possible other threats. The thought of food and maybe even a warm bed was the only reason her legs were letting her walk again, though Billy was helping as he held her arms and led her along to his safe house to meet the other residents. Aubrey felt as if she had struck gold on her first day, maybe this was meant to happen? Whatever the case was, she would get herself better, rest up, and soon, continue on her search for Scarlett. 


Distance Between Aubrey and Scarlett: 998 miles

12 comments:

  1. Oh dear, hopefully Billy is as nice as he's appearing to be. And hopefully Scarlett doesn't get caught snooping around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL only time will tell what will happen to these two.

      Delete
    2. Yes, hopefully for both of them! Hahaha Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. I have a bad feeling about Billy...he was just way too nice for the situation. Maybe i'm just an untrusting person. LMAO! As for Scarlet, I hope she doesn't get caught lurking around outside and snooping, although I think she will be able to take care of herself. Maybe that guy tied to the chair that had water poured over will be a hot man toy/ally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty untrusting too... Hehehe. We shall see what happens to them, LOL that guy Scarlett saw is pretty hot, isn't he?

      Delete
    2. Meh, it can be a good thing to be untrusting, hahaha. These two are in for quite the bumpy ride. Hehe Thanks for reading. :D

      Delete
  3. Hm...I smell...romance! Or maybe that's the first thing I think when I see another character in a story of the opposite gender lol. Yes the shirtless man is pretty hot, go for it Scarlett (or not since he's held captive). LOL. :P

    Although there is something about Billy I'm iffy about...maybe those dark bags under his eyes make him look slightly evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, hot shirtless men are always good candidates for romance. Billy on the other hand, not so hot. LMAO.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! We'll see if either of them can handle one another.
      And yeah, Billy's overall look does seem kind of creepy. We'll see if his personality matches his looks or not.
      Thanks for reading :D

      Delete
  4. I'm another who doesn't trust Billy, just seems to easy that he found her and he's just too nice and yes I've always said that you there is no such thing as being too nice but in this situation I find myself proven wrong, Hopefully I am wrong for Aubrey's sake. Shirtless guy ~ HOT...HOT...HOT....HOT ~ fans myself~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL the shirtless guy is hot. I love that he is in my game. XD

      Delete
    2. Yeah, being 'too nice' sometimes can come off as creepy, but we'll see what happens hahaha
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Leave a note for Scarlett and Aubrey...